Camp Whitsett Lickety Split
Class II-III | Ages 6 & up
This trip can only be booked by Camp Whitsett participants. The world-famous Lickety Split is our most popular and most affordable Class II-III whitewater rafting trip on the Kern River.
Kern River Whitewater Rafting with Sierra South
The Lickety Split is great trip for beginners or first-timers! This trip is full of enough excitement to challenge just about everyone, from young tikes to grandmas and grandpas.
Before your rafting trip, a Sierra South professional river guide will provide you with a trip overview, paddling gear, and a paddle talk. Then it’s anchors aweigh for three miles of jam-packed rafting action on Kern River rapids such as Big Daddy, Sidewinder, Freight Train, and Ewings.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available Monday – Friday, 3x daily
- One hour
- Must be at least 6 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- We suggest you arrive at the store 30 minutes prior to your trip. If you have a group over 20 or are getting wetsuits, please arrive 45 minutes to 1 hour prior.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri