Camp Whitsett Merit Badge Combo
Class II-III | Ages 11 & up
This trip can only be booked by Camp Whitsett participants. Wanting a whole day of whitewater fun? Come rafting and inflatable kayaking all in one day. Whitewater Merit Badges are available for scouts who qualify.
*For Camp Whitsett participants only
Merit Badge Combo Raft and Kayak Trip
A great trip for large groups! Enjoy a half-day in the two-person inflatable kayaks and the other half as a bigger group in a raft. Whitewater Merit Badges are available to earn for those scouts who qualify. Wetsuits are required in the spring and may be rented at Sierra South Outfitter’s store.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available Monday – Friday at 9:30 a.m.
- Six to seven hours
- Must be at least 11 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Lunch is provided by Camp Whitsett and needs to be picked up prior to leaving camp in the morning.
- We suggest you arrive at the store 30 minutes prior to your trip. If you have a group over 20 or are getting wetsuits, please arrive 45 minutes to one hour prior.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 8am – 6pm, Daily
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri