We still have not received the green light for reopening. We are continuing to work with our local officials and taking this week by week. As of now all trips are postponed until June 5th. Thank you for your patience. We are excited to be back on the river with you soon!
Update May 18th:
All trips are postponed until June 1st. As Governor Newsom and Kern County come out with new guidelines on reopening the state, we are optimistic to be able to open in the coming weeks. We are excited to get back on the river with all of you and will update again when we know more. Check back for further updates very soon!
Update May 6th:
All trips are postponed until May 22nd.
Update April 16th:
We have now postponed all trips until May 15th. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them from Governor Gavin Newsom.
Update April 1st: With the ever changing Federal and State Covid-19 guidelines we have now postponed all trips until May 1st. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them. Thank you.
Update March 20th:
Due to the”shelter in place” mandates from California Governor Gavin Newsom we have postponed all trips until April 19th. The cornonavirus is an ongoing situation and we will continue to provide updates as we receive them. Our number one priority is to provide safety and satisfaction to all of our valued guests. When all of this blows over, we look forward to seeing you on the wonderful Kern River.
Dear Sierra South Guests,
We wanted to reach out and reassure you that our team is closely monitoring the developing Coronavirus situation.
Sierra South remains committed to the safety and satisfaction of our guests. We are meeting daily to listen, learn, and adapt so we can continue to create an atmosphere where people feel excited and safe about joining us on the river. We are currently running trips daily on the Wild and Scenic Kern River, and at this point have no plans on canceling trips.
The nature of this event requires us to be flexible in how we respond and provide service to you, our valued guests. Here are ways we are taking action:
• Encouraging employees and guests to modify personal greetings to avoid physical contact
• Providing additional access to hand sanitizer throughout the trip
• Practicing the best methods for sanitizing our equipment; helmets, life jackets, paddles, rafts, and transportation
• Continuing to uphold the highest standard of cleanliness when handling and preparing food
• Limiting group sizes to adhere with the recommendations given by California Governor Gavin Newsom
• Following recommended every day healthy actions per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and having employees who appear symptomatic stay at home
In regard to reservations, we have modified some of our cancellation policies. As always, we highly recommend everyone booking a trip with Sierra South purchase Travel Insurance. InsureMyTrip is a comparison website that allows for easy access to multiple insurance companies, including plans that allow you to “cancel for any reason”.
We have adjusted our cancellation policy from 45 days to 14 days prior to the trip. This includes our normal $25 processing fee per person.
If Sierra South cancels a trip for any reason, you will receive a 100% refund.
Overall, our team at Sierra South is excited about the 2020 season. We feel confident that the Wild and Scenic Kern River and the clean Sierra Nevada Mountain air provides a unique opportunity to leave the city for an adventurous outdoor experience in a safe and family friendly environment.
Click here to view location 11300 Kernville Road
Kernville, California 93238
11300 Kernville Road
Kernville, California 93238
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.