Intro to Whitewater Kayaking Full Day
Beginner | Ages 14 & up
This class is designed for those who want a taste of whitewater kayaking and may not want to commit to our 2 or 3 day classes.
Whitewater Kayaking Beginner’s Course
Instructors help you learn some of the basic skills while introducing you to the exciting aspects of this sport. Instructors select the best boat and gear for you and then start you out on flat water to build better boat control.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available some Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- Six to seven hours
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 275 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- All gear, transportation, and lunch is included
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our whitewater kayaking trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri