Kayaking Lake Roll
Beginner | Ages 11 & up
We designed this course to help you develop the basic mechanical and mental skills to execute a bomb-proof roll every time!
Lake Roll Kayaking Class with Sierra South
If you’ve never rolled before or can’t execute your lake roll with more than a 50% success rate, you should take this class. This is also the kayaking course to take if you are working on your off-side roll. We head to Isabella Lake for hands-on, real-time practice. Included are paddling equipment and transportation once you get to Sierra South.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available daily at 8:30 a.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- Three to four hours
- Must be at least 11 years old
- Must weigh between 50 & 275 lbs
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Included are paddling equipment and transportation
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri