Paddle with Pros Fundamentals course is tailored to beginner kayakers who are looking to improve their skills with the best pro kayakers in the world.
Paddle with Pros Fundamentals
1 day (6-8 hours per day)
The fundamentals course is tailored to beginner kayakers. These top kayakers are excited to share and demonstrate their tips on topics such as proper forward stroke techniques, ferrying, eddy turns, draw strokes, identifying river features, edging, and how to effectively outfit your gear. This class will be held on either the class II-III Lickety or Fairview sections of the Kern River. You can count on doing two or three runs during the day. Upon completion of this class, students will receive a free one-day kayak package rental in the future from Sierra South. Learn from the best! Classes start at 9:00 am sharp and are usually over by 4:00 pm. Lunch and transportation during the class are included. No river roll is required. Here’s your chance to practice and learn from some of the very best! New Kayaks are available for a special rental fee.
• Must have at least two days of prior whitewater kayak experience.
• Dress properly for cold water conditions.
• Everyone must sign a release of liability/assumption of risk/photography/video waiver form online before departure. Minors under 18 must have a release form signed online by their parent or legal guardian.
• Paddle along and learn tips with some of the very best kayakers in the industry.
• Transportation and lunch are included.
• Upon completion of this class, students will receive a free one-day kayak package rental for the future.
• Sierra South will provide a special Paddle with the Pros rate of $30 for a rental kayak package. Please let us know what kayak and gear you would like to rent. Selection of rental kayaks is limited to first come first served.
• Months of operation: April 11th
• Trip Time: 9:00 AM
• Minimums: Age: 14 (Exceptional young paddlers call 760-376-3745 for screening.)
• Maximum Weight: 275 lbs
• Limitations: All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go.
All of our classes may be altered based upon water levels or other conditions before or during the day of the event.
What to Bring
• Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class.
• Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water. No flip-flops or bare-feet. You must wear tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap.
• Our trips leave on schedule.
• Price does not include gratuity, so if you like the ride…it’s ok to tip your guide!
No Cancellations. No Refunds. Sierra South is not liable for other costs incurred in association with a canceled trip. We suggest trip insurance such as Travelguard.com to cover any unexpected situations.
Most kayak classes require a minimum of 4 students. We will attempt to contact you if the minimums have not been met for your trip date. Minimum numbers can be met through one or multiple reservations and can be met up to the day before the trip. You can call 760-376-3745 for up to date trip status.
Water Levels Change:
Trips may be substituted or changed due to water level.
Responsibility & Liability:
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone must sign a release of liability/assumption of risk/photography/video waiver form online before departure. Minors under 18 must have a release form signed online by their parent or legal guardian.
No Unaccompanied Minors:
Minors must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
The River Running/Downriver Freestyle clinic is developed for those wanting to improve their overall river running skills and also learn how to paddle the new-age slicey stern river running kayaks with the professionals in the industry.
Click here to view location 11300 Kernville Road
Kernville, California 93238
11300 Kernville Road
Kernville, California 93238
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.