Whitewater Kayaking Tune Up 101 Half Day
Intermediate | Ages 14 & up
A 101 tune-up is a fantastic way to paddle with an instructor and keep moving up the whitewater learning curve.
Whitewater Kayaking Course in Southern California
There is no doubt about it: To excel in river kayaking requires instruction. A tune-up is a fantastic way to go paddle in the afternoon with an instructor and keep moving up the learning curve. Spend a single run fine-tuning the skills you’ve learned so far, as well as trying new challenges. Take this opportunity to try some tighter lines or tougher moves. You’ll have a solid partner to show you the way and to back you up if you need a hand.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available daily at 8:30 a.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- Three to four hours
- Prerequisite: A 101 class or equivalent
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 275 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Gear and river shuttles are included. No lunch is provided.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri