Women’s Kayaking 101
Beginner | Ages 14 & up
This is a women's only class. We cover the same material as our regular 101 class but tailor it to the needs of the group.
Whitewater Kayaking Class for Women
This is a great opportunity for women to learn the basic skills necessary to whitewater kayak without the concern or competition that sometimes comes along when taking a class with a spouse or boyfriend. This is also a great way to network with future paddling partners.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Classes start at 8:30 a.m. sharp and are usually over by 4 p.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- Two days (six to seven hours per day)
- Class for women only
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 275 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Included is paddling equipment, lunch, and transportation once you get to Sierra South
- Upon completion of this women’s whitewater kayaking class, students will receive a Certificate of Completion, plus a free kayak package rental and be eligible to rent a kayak in the future
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri