Combo Full Day Rafting
Class II-III | Ages 11 & up
Want a full day of whitewater fun? Come rafting and inflatable kayaking all in one day. Whitewater Merit Badges available for scouts who qualify.
Kern River Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking
How about a whole day of whitewater fun? Try the best of both worlds! Enjoy a half day in the two-person inflatable kayaks and the other half as a bigger group in a raft. Lunch is on us between the runs. This trip is especially popular with Scout troops, YMCA parent/child programs, church groups, company outings, and family and friends. Whitewater Merit Badges are available to earn for those scouts who qualify. Wetsuits are required in the spring and may be rented at Sierra South Outfitter’s store.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available multiple times daily
- Six to seven hours
- Must be at least 11 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- We suggest you arrive at the store 30 minutes prior to your trip. If you have a group over 20 or are getting wetsuits, please arrive 45 minutes to one hour prior.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on.
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions.
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri