Inflatable Kayak Half Day
Class II-III | Ages 11 & up
Want an up-close and personal rafting experience? Try a half-day of paddling our two-person Inflatable Kayak.
Kern River Inflatable Kayak Raft Trip
Our two-person inflatable kayaks are comfortable to ride in and an absolute gas to paddle! Let us show you how to paddle them and then lead you down the Class II to III whitewater of the Lickety run. By mastering the basic paddling skills taught by your ever-encouraging Sierra South river guide, most people should be able to navigate their two-person inflatable kayak down the roarin’ rapids of the Kern River with style.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available multiple times daily
- Two to three hours
- Must be at least 11 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- We suggest you arrive at the store 30 minutes prior to your trip. If you have a group over 20 or are getting wetsuits, please arrive 45 minutes to one hour prior.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South kayaking trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri