Upper Kern Full Day Rafting
Class IV | Ages 12 & up
The Upper Kern Full Day offers thrill-seekers a full day of Class III-IV whitewater rafting, hitting the best sections of the river above Isabella Lake.
Kern River Class IV Whitewater Rafting Trip
The Upper Kern Full Day offers thrill-seekers a more challenging Class III-IV whitewater rafting experience. Spend more time on the Kern River navigating these rapids on this full-day rafting adventure in California. With easy road access and multiple put-in options, we pick and choose the best sections of river to run. All class IV trips start on the class II-III section of the river to better gauge the group’s paddling strength before heading to the Class IV sections of the river.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available daily at 8:30 a.m.
- Six to seven hours
- Must be at least 12 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 300 lbs.
- Wetsuits are required for this trip until mid-June
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Max group size: 25 guests
- We suggest you arrive at the store 30 minutes prior to your trip. If you have a group over 20 or are getting wetsuits, please arrive 45 minutes to one hour prior.
- A hearty river side deli lunch is served mid-day.
- All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on.
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions.
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South whitewater rafting trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri