Stand Up Paddleboard
SUP 101 Half Day
Beginner | Ages 8 & up
Stand-up Paddleboard 101 teaches you the basics of paddleboarding, first on land and then in the lake.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding Basics Class
Want to learn stand-up paddle board basics? You get three to four hours with an instructor by your side, beginning with a thorough introduction to the boards and gear, then you’ll head to Lake Isabella for further SUP instruction and time to try out your new skills.
We realize that everyone learns at their own pace, but whatever your pace, our instructor is with you every step (or paddle) of the way, from the initial wobble-legged stance on your board, to cruising a friendly water trail on the lake, to experimenting with more advanced strokes and maneuvers. All the while, you’ll be reviewing and practicing the etiquette that is so crucial to water recreation.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available daily at 8:30 a.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- Three to four hours
- Must be at least 8 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 275 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- Includes SUP & paddling equipment, transportation, snack, and water
- All SUP classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
- If you have a large group, please call us at 800-457-2082 to make special arrangements
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 8am – 6pm, Daily
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri