Dynamic Duo Tandem Whitewater Kayaking
Beginner | Ages 14 & up
Take the express track to Whitewater Kayaking thrills. This is like first-time tandem skydiving with an instructor, on water.
Tandem Kern River Whitewater Kayaking Class
No prior experience is needed! Feel the rush of paddling in the front of a two-person whitewater kayak with a skilled instructor at the controls in the back of the boat.
We help paddle you down the Lickety Split class II-III section of the Kern River for the sheer fun and excitement of the sport. Your guide gives you all the instruction you need as the two of you together maneuver through the fun rapids of the Kern for an hour’s worth of pure whitewater fun.
This is also a great trip to experience with a friend, spouse, or significant other in another Dynamic Duo with an instructor. It is a gas to watch them go through a rapid at the same time! If you simply want to experience the rush of whitewater kayaking before putting in the time and effort in acquiring the skills, this is the fast track, quickie way to go. Weight and age limits apply.
Schedule & Duration
- Months of operation: March – September
- Available every day at 8:30 a.m.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
- One hour
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Must weigh between 50 and 250 lbs.
- Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water, such as tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap. No flip-flops or bare-feet!
- All kayaking classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go on
- All of our trips may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions
Responsibility & Liability
All Sierra South trips and classes involve physical activity and include certain elements of risk. We make every effort to run trips and classes in the finest, most fun-filled manner as possible. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. It is your responsibility to evaluate your level of fitness and to select a trip or class which is appropriate for you. Seek medical advice before your trip if you question your physical condition. It is your responsibility to follow our instructions.
Everyone will be required to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form and photography/video waiver form before departure. Minors under 18 not accompanied by their parents must bring a release form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download the Release Form.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.
Hours of Operation
Store: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Sun
Reservations: 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri