A half day experience on Lake Isabella designed to help you learn basic skills and exciting aspects of lake kayaking.
Intro to Lake Kayaking Half Day
The Introduction to Lake Kayaking class is designed for those who want a taste of lake kayaking. Instructors will help you learn some of the basic skills while introducing you to the exciting aspects of this sport. Instructor’s will select the best boat and gear for you and then start you out on flat water to build better boat control. Snack is included.
• Taste of Lake Kayaking.
• Learn some of the basic skills of Lake Kayaking
• All gear, transportation, and a snack is included
• Months of operation: March – September
• Trip Times: 8:30 AM
• Minimums: Age: 10 Weight: 50lbs (We may weigh small children)
• Maximum Weight: 275lbs
• Limitations: All classes require a minimum number of guests. If participant numbers are not met we will notify you and provide various options for your class to go.
All of our classes may be adjusted based on water levels and/or other conditions.
What to Bring
• Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class.
• Please wear shoes that will stay on your feet in the water. No flip-flops or bare-feet. You must wear tennis shoes, water shoes, or sandals that have a heel strap.
• Our trips leave on schedule.
Sierra South operates under permits issued by: Sequoia National Forest, Klamath National Forest, and the National Park Service/Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Sierra South is an equal opportunity recreation service provider.